Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Humility

I just thought of something,
I have recently been humbled (rather than humbling myself), and I have learned the truly enabling quality of humility.
It's paradoxical how we desire to be in a state of complacency or think well of our current state, yet the moment we think we have sufficient humility is same moment we've lost it. So having been placed in the humble state, I'm able to see my errors and do something about them. Ironically part of my motivation to correct those errors is so that I return back to that state of complacency where I can start coasting again. Here we see the reason we need to stay humble is so that we can actually see our errors and weaknesses and fix them. You can't correct something you can't see or don't know about. Being in a humble state means your getting things done in order to construct yourself into something better.

No comments:

Post a Comment